Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Friday, July 17, 2009

BBC Proms 2009

It's that time of year again!

Tonight is the opening night of the world's greatest classical music festival, The Proms 2009.

From 17 July - 12 September an amazing 100 concerts will take place.

The marathon begins today and you can view tonight's programme here.

Coverage of the first night of the 115th season can also be seen on BBC2 starting at 8pm.

To make sure you don't miss anything, BBC Radio 3 have designed a lovely widget which I have displayed below.
This will be regularly updated with videos and links, so feel free to call back over the next 2 months to keep an eye on events.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Boon said...

I'm listening to it live now on BBC3, and it is just amazing... the Proms is something I look forward to every year!

As a occasional classical music enthusiast, sometimes it is really hard to choose which of the 70+ proms to attend. There are numerous guides out there to the top picks, but I did my own research and after a few hours came up with my top 5 Proms which I will be attending this year and which I can recommend:

http://www.london-insider.co.uk/2009/07/bbc-proms-2009-top-concert-picks/

Anna said...

You've made some great choices for your 'Top 5 Proms' and I hope you enjoy them all.

I shall also be listening on Radio 3 and watching when possible.

In fact I'm going to 'watch again' later today, Katia & Marielle Labeque performing, 'Concerto in D minor for two pianos and orchestra', Poulenc.

Enjoy the season and thanks for the comment.