Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Too Many Heifetz Spoil the Paganini.

My apologies to anyone who may have checked in this morning to find six videos of Jascha Heifetz performing Paganini's Caprice No.24 in A Minor.
I actually tried to post this video two days ago, but, it seemed to take a while to get here, and then, like buses, arrived en masse.
I have since deleted them as you may have thought I'd lost my mind.
Oh well. Maybe I'll try again another day.

Today has been busy yet productive.
I have finally finished all the relevant paperwork for the release of the next CD.
You'll have to wait a couple of weeks for CD Baby to do their part.
I will, of course, update as and when I have news.

This has taken rather a lot of time.
But as Robin frequently pointed out over the last few days, as my patience started to wear thin, it didn't take anything like as long as recording the notes had.
Fair point.

It hasn't all been work.
I did manage to think of another use for old guitar strings, and put it into action.
You thread the guitar string through the middle of a couple of straws, and tie a knot.
This homemade item, then very loosely, represents a bow. Specially designed for the imaginary play of a 5 year old.
You should know that this bow doesn't actually work, and, that the arrows are also straws, making them rather useless.
But believe me, that's actually a good thing.....

No comments: