Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mood Changing Music?

This week has gone so quickly.
A lot has been achieved, but now, Robin is on his way to Los Angeles.
It's always difficult dropping him at the airport, made even harder this time, as the children were with us.
They were upset in the car on the return journey, so, I decided to put on some music, to cheer them both up.

In the player was a compilation CD, made up by Robin, to please all the Hill family members.
We started with Avril Lavigne, which seemed to do the trick, as we all sang along to 'Sk8er Boi'.

Next came 'The Beatles', 'Things we Said Today'.

"You say you will love me
If I have to go
You'll be thinking of me
Somehow I will know.
Someday when I'm lonely,
Wishing you weren't so far away,
Then I will remember
Things we said today."

By the time we got to, 'Wishing you weren't so far away', I realised it may not be the right song to overcome the separation.
We moved on to the next track.

'The Beach Boys', 'God Only Knows'.
Don't get me started on these lyrics, suffice to say, that within seconds the tears were flowing freely in the back of the car.

Next track - quickly.
Chicago.
This must be OK.
I know it's a town in America, but Robin is going to LA, not Chicago, surely that will stem the flow, especially with such a funky beat of 'Introduction', from the 'Chicago Transit Authority' album.
Yes, it worked, and by the time the song finished we were home.
Thankfully.

And now, well, Robin is 'in flight', and we are all settling back into the familiar routine.
We're fine.

No comments: