Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Media & A Night Alone...

Robin has arrived in Miami after a 9 hour flight and was consequently very pleased to be shown his lovely room on Crystal Symphony.
He now has a few days to relax and prepare before his first concert on Saturday.

I found myself in a strange position yesterday.
Husband away.
Then a call from my Mum asking if she could have the children for the night.
Yes was my reply.

So, there I was, in the house, alone, except for my three furry friends.
What should I do?
Call some friends and arrange a wild night out?
You have to remember that I haven't been in this position for many years - about 11 actually....

What I did.
Some site maintenance, the observant amongst you will see that I have added Google Ads to the blog.

Then I checked out some of my favourite sites and became inspired.
Jason Heath has made a really interesting video on 'New Media Marketing for Arts Organizations', and it's well worth a look.
It amazes me how he finds the time to be a technical whizz kid, and regularly perform as a musician, but he does.

When you are computer illiterate, as I am, it's very nice to have someone out there explaining the fast changing face of the media today, in terms I can understand.
So thank you Jason!

Also I noticed that Robin now has a Wikipedia page.
Whilst I didn't add this, it is of course, much appreciated.
You can find it here, 'Robin Hill (guitarist)', but, if you are searching for it away from this blog, remember to add the 'guitarist' part, otherwise you will find yourself looking at a theme park on the Isle of Wight!

No comments: