Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

It is a rare threat that Robin is home at the moment especially as it is our wedding anniversary today.
Luckily we appear to have a more positive approach to marriage than Gustav Mahler. He was quoted as saying:

"Both my marriages were failures! Number one departed and number two stayed."

After 16 years I think you can safely say we know each other pretty well.
I knew from the beginning that the guitar would always play a major part in our lives, and I wouldn't want it any other way.
As Leo Brouwer has said:

"The guitar is a jealous mistress, she will not love you if you don't spend time with her."

Fortunately I love the guitar as much as Robin - nearly, and the time he spends in practice has never been an issue.
The art of living with a musician is something I have frequently been asked about, and, over the last few months had a number of emails.
So I am currently working on a series of blogs for the near future to cover this area.
But for now we shall just celebrate the day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna and Robin,
I'm a little bit late here (been busy with rehearsals), but Congratulations on your Wedding anniversary. I hope you had a great day, and have many more to come.

Anna said...

Thanks very much Ben, we had a lovely day, and I even managed to get Robin out of the recording studio for a short time!
I hope your rehearsals went well!

Anonymous said...

Anna & Robin
Congratulations you two... I hadn't read the Blog last week, what with everything else going on (which I'm looking forward to reading in your Blog soon)... I hope you managed to enjoy the day together!
Best wishes, Andre

Anna said...

Thanks Andre,
Yes there will be some interesting features coming up soon in the blog!