Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Second Concert Success

I'm late posting tonight for two reasons.
Firstly, I have been visiting my brother after his horrific accident. I was delighted to see him looking so well despite the ordeal, and even walking about, well, hobbling really. It was all rather emotional, (for me), as you can't help thinking how lucky we are to still have him with us, and sadness for the family of the other man. Robin has been waiting anxiously for news and is very relieved to hear of Jonathan's progress. He'd guessed that he was doing well, as the reply to Robin's e mail about understanding the concept of bunjee jumping was, "The bridge doesn't usually follow you to the ground."
The second reason is that I have been waiting for news of the last guitar concert on board the QM2.
In true professional style, Robin put his personal concerns behind him, and gave an excellent performance.
He played:

Mozart Variations

Danza Brasilera - Morel

Misionera - Bustamente

Sons de Carilhoes - Pernambuco

Asturias - Albeniz

Jota - Trad.

Berceuse and Danza del Altiplano - Brouwer

Judging by the whistles at the end, I think the audience enjoyed it.
Robin also informed me that earlier in the day Richard Dreyfuss had been in the same theatre doing a questions and answers session.
As Robin's work has now finished I'm sure he will be going for some R&R.

No comments: