Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Monday, April 09, 2007

From Salmon at Sea to the Nielsen Flute Concerto

As Robin is 'at sea', gradually heading towards New York, he is making good use of the time by working on a Bach Prelude. That was after he had dined on a salmon omelette for breakfast - I hope he's doesn't expect that when he gets home...
Yesterday I had wanted to listen to BBC Radio 3, 'Discovering Music', as Kenneth Woods had brought the programme to my attention. ( I was also delighted to read that he is a Frank Zappa fan!)
As I was out at the time, this morning I investigated the BBC Radio 3 playback and was able to listen to the whole thing.
Stephen Johnson took us through the Nielsen Flute Concerto, with the soloist Sharon Bezaly, the BBC National Orchestra of Wales, and conductor, Kenneth Woods.
It really brightened up a wet Easter Monday, with an interesting exploration of the piece before the performance.
As I listened I was supervising son number one in the art of grating cheese ready for a sauce. After he left, I was so distracted by my listening, that the Hillhouse canines helped themselves to the whole lot, right behind my back.
It's time their master returned to restore some discipline.
I guess lasagne is off tonight, we'll have to have bolognese instead...

No comments: