Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Friday, December 08, 2006

Cayman Islands Calling

I have had a call from Robin as he stood on deck watching the Cayman Islands come into view. 'The weathers fantastic', he said, 'Oh lovely', I replied as I thawed out from the latest school run.
He has played more paddle tennis, very similar to the real thing but with a strange ball and wooden paddles, so it feels like tennis, but you are less likely to lose all the balls overboard. They hadn't banked on Robin's rather powerful right hand, built up over years of extensive guitar practice, (shake his hand at your peril), and now there is at least one ball floating in the Gulf of Mexico.
As well as tennis and sunbathing he has been doing large amounts of practice as his first recital is tomorrow.
Meanwhile, in his absence, I have had broadband fitted and I'm really enjoying watching videos on You Tube without having to wait for hours to access them. At least I can watch him on there, and in fact if I put it on repeat and shut the laptop in the music room, I could just pretend he was in there practicing away!

No comments: