Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Testing, Testing..

The new microphone has arrived. Obviously the 'phone calls made at Southampton airport were slightly more than 'research'.
Robin promptly disappeared into the studio where he remained for most of the day.
Mid-evening I was summonsed for a game of 'spot the microphone'. As I had just returned from giving drinks and biscuits to 48 excited cub scouts my ear drums were not at their best. However, I played along. This is how it goes. Robin had recorded the same piece through three different microphones and I have to identify the new one and express an opinion as to whether it captures the sound.
I did rather well as I managed to pick out the new one. But as yet we are not convinced. I think tomorrow will be a case of trying out various combinations and positions to get the best possible sound.
At least we have it on approval, so we have time to think about it. The guitar is a notoriously difficult instrument to record so we'll persevere until we get it right.

No comments: