Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Applause and Psychology

I have just been reading through the blog Adaptistration by Drew McManus. I frequently visit this site as it encourages interesting debate.
Two entries got my attention, one regarding audiences clapping between movements and the other was the need to utilise the skills of psychologists in promoting music.
As I have discussed previously on this site, Robin has very strong views about audiences showing their appreciation, whether it be at the end of a performance or in the middle of a piece. He is just delighted that they are there and obviously enjoying themselves and the added input will usually enhance his and the audiences enjoyment. He has even experienced the orchestra themselves joining in the applause after a particularly difficult part of one of his own concertos!
As far as using the skills of a psychologist to promote music, well that's easy for me. I am a psychologist.
I was never quite sure if I became a psychologist to cope with living with a musician, but it has been most helpful!
Initially I was in private practice but now I manage Robin as a soloist and also with his duo Hill/Wiltschinsky. I can assure you that the skills I have been trained in are proving very useful.

No comments: